Wednesday, May 7, 2008

The beginning of my blog...

Welcome to my blog. As you can see by the pictures and the heading, I am a wire fox terrier who competes in agility. I am hoping that 2008 will be the year I will become the first WFT to receive the Agility Trial Champion of Canada (ATChC) title!

The history of how I became such a great agility terrier :

My mom and I started our agility training back in 2004 at a place called Grand Paws in Edmonton, Alberta. Our teachers were Gayle Grant and Sue Charlton, they were awesome and taught me how to perform all the agility equipment to compete. My mom entered me in my first agility trial in Aug 2004 just prior to us moving to Ontario, I got my first Q and was hooked on the competition (I am very competitive...I bite my mom if she messes up!)

I was always a very fast little girl and had a lot of challenges with having to "stop" on the table. Can you imagine? Why would anyone want to stop in the middle of the agility field and lay down on such a rough table?! So it took me a while to get my Agility Dog of Canada (ADC) title. I completed that task in Sept '06 and headed into Advanced standard. I had much more success in the advanced ring (though the table was still in there...how stupid) and I completed my Advanced Agility Dog of Canada (AADC) title in Sept '07. During these 2 years I did finish my Starters Games Title (SGDC), my Masters Snooker Dog of Canada (MSDC) title and my Masters Jumpers Dog of Canada (MJDC).

2008 has started off with a BANG! I have come into my own and have completed the 2 Advanced Team Q's needed to get my Adanced Games Title (AGDC). I also completed my Masters Agility Dog of Canada (MADC) title by March! I am now on countdown to my final Q's to ATChC. I only need 1 more Masters Gamble and 2 more Masters Team! Keep your fingers crossed for good courses, good handling and me getting out of the right side of the terrier bed the morning of the trial ;)

I will keep you up to date on how it is going :)
Licks, Abbey

1 comment:

Jackson's J1 and J2 said...

Hello Abbey, welcome to the world of blogging. My name is Jackson and i'm a WFT living in the UK. I'm very impressed with all your agility stuff. Have you seen Sam's blog? He's a WFT and he does agility too. I hope you'll come and visit my blog sometime (http://jacksonsworld-jackson.blogspot.com) J x